• Caulk and weather-strip around doors and windows. Drafts can waste 5-30% of your energy use, according to the U.S. Department of Energy
• Lower your water heater temperature to 120 degrees F (or lower) can reduce your water heating costs by 6-10%
• Buy low-flow shower-heads and faucet aerators as needed
• Replace old light bulbs with CFL bulbs for greater efficiency
• Studies show 10-30% of heated/cooled air in the average system escapes from the duct system. Have ducts inspected and sealed as
• Have your heating/cooling system checked by the professionals at Sunrise Mechanical. Determine if repairing your HVAC system is the best option, or if a new energy efficient system is justified for your situation.
Be safe, efficient and comfortable a home!